[vorbis-dev] Some scratches with beta3

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Fri Dec 8 15:40:20 PST 2000

> Since then we have had some serious problems in encoding: approx 20% of
> the WAV streams produce some scratches at the beginning or the end of the
> OGG file.

What did you use to decode them?  XMMS?  There are turning out to be
hidden inconsistencies withing closely spaced releases of XMMS causing
compatability problems.  IE, matching the wrong plugin build with a
particular XMMS version is causing segfaults and
pops/glorps/scratches.

If not XMMS, then I need to do more poking.

> http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/t2.wav
> http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/t2-new.ogg
> http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/t2-old.ogg

These are all WAV files.  Could I have the 'bad' ogg file please?

Monty