[vorbis-dev] any metadata stream documentation at all?

Craig Latta Craig.Latta at NetJam.ORG
Tue Aug 1 15:12:33 PDT 2000

Hi Ralph--

> > Is there any documentation at all on how to use metadata streams?
> > In particular, I'm wondering if it's possible to have a metadata
> > stream which is synchronized with an audio stream (e.g., a slide
> > show).
>
> That's not metadata, but yes, there are plans for this.

        Oops, bad hasty example. What I *really* want to do (heh) are
synchronized remote procedure calls and serialized object transfer. I'm
writing a tutorial about streaming audio, and want to compose a song
which takes the listener on a guided tour of the implementation. The
song can halt the client, open up source browsers on various parts of
the system, etc. It's rather weird.

        I'll search the archives for XML (I happen to be writing in Smalltalk,
BTW).

        thanks,

-C

--