[vorbis-dev] any metadata stream documentation at all?

Ralph Giles giles at snow.ashlu.bc.ca
Tue Aug 1 17:55:19 PDT 2000

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Craig Latta wrote:

> 	Oops, bad hasty example. What I *really* want to do (heh) are
> synchronized remote procedure calls and serialized object transfer. I'm
> writing a tutorial about streaming audio, and want to compose a song
> which takes the listener on a guided tour of the implementation. The
> song can halt the client, open up source browsers on various parts of
> the system, etc. It's rather weird.

Oh yes, that is different. :)

You might be interested in this post by Monty, on long range design goals:

http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis/0073.html

Personally, I'm at an utter loss as to properly designing the nonlinear
stuff. I'm even afraid to allow urls in the time-coded text streams.
For now, I'd suggest embedding (linear) Ogg multimedia segments in a more
general framework, not the other way around.

But if you've got some ideas on how to do this, I'd really like to hear
them!

> 	I'll search the archives for XML (I happen to be writing in Smalltalk,
> BTW).

 -ralph

giles at ashlu.bc.ca
The reliability of [internet] streaming media makes cable tv look good.
                                           -- Henning Schulzrinne