[vorbis-dev] any metadata stream documentation at all?

Ralph Giles giles at snow.ashlu.bc.ca
Tue Aug 1 01:34:15 PDT 2000

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Craig Latta wrote:

> 	Is there any documentation at all on how to use metadata streams? In
> particular, I'm wondering if it's possible to have a metadata stream
> which is synchronized with an audio stream (e.g., a slide show).

That's not metadata, but yes, there are plans for this. So far it's just
list discussions; see the archives. There is unfortunately no code yet.

For slide show sorts of things, I proposed interleaving mng image sets
with vorbis audio. This is mostly worked out, leaving only straightforward
implementation details in the synchronized case. For features and
motivation see the thread at http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis/0069.html

We're a bit stuck in the design of synchronized text stream. If you have
any input to offer in that domain, I'd like to hear it, even if it's just
things you'd like to be able to do. There are several threads in the
archives on this topic; look for 'XML'.

Hope that helps,
 -ralph

giles at ashlu.bc.ca