[vorbis-dev] Framing

Tony Arcieri tarcieri at gjhsnews.com
Wed Apr 26 08:03:08 PDT 2000

It appears I had made some invalid assumptions as to the nature of Ogg
framing.  After reading through the information on xiph.org, I do have a
few questions...

There's talk about allowing multiple interleaved streams.  I'm guessing
this was meant to allow multiple audio streams to be interleaved... but
what about multiple video streams?  I've seen this done with MPEG 2 a lot
to provide for multilanguage captions... the problem is eliminating the
unnecessary video streams and getting at only the ones you want.  DVDs did
this through an external table of contents.  It seems smarter to me to
stick this table of contents somewhere in the bitstream.

I suppose this goes back to the whole metadata discussion.  Or perhaps I
am simply getting head of myself.

Tony Arcieri