[vorbis-dev] Framing

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Apr 26 17:27:47 PDT 2000

> There's talk about allowing multiple interleaved streams.  I'm guessing
> this was meant to allow multiple audio streams to be interleaved...

No, interleaved streams of any type.  It's just that Vorbis is the only stream
type right now.

> this through an external table of contents.  It seems smarter to me to
> stick this table of contents somewhere in the bitstream.

Well, there is a table-of-contents of sorts; each physical bitstream link must
start with the initial header for each of the contained logical streams in
sync. Nothing uses that yet.

> I suppose this goes back to the whole metadata discussion.  Or perhaps I
> am simply getting head of myself.

Nope, it's all related as you suspect.  The metadata is to be a stream type.

Monty