[vorbis-dev] BeOS diffs

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sat Apr 22 22:09:49 PDT 2000

> 	how do I get mods applied to Vorbis, I'm not a
> cvs guru and I don't know much about configure scripts.

Hm, for as long as we're using autoconf, it's best to put platform specific
tweaks in the configure.in rather than an os-specific header (at least on those
platforms with autoconf).  Are there any Be users here with autoconf handy?  Or
does Be not do autoconf? :-)

> To define int64_t in codec.h
>
> #ifdef __BEOS__
> #include <inttypes.h>
> #endif

I don't do platform specific #ifdefs unless absolutely necessary.  Did
configure not find type sizes for these?  The configure script/headers should
find types and define them if they're not in the default headers.

> run.c in vq needs 'changing' around line 141 becuase
> S_IFSOCK isn't defined anywhere in BeOS's headers
> (BeOS doesn't do the sockets as file pointers thing
> although its coming soon)

run.c is not part of the production library code; the vq/ and huff/ subdirs
are only needed for generating codebooks and most people wouldn't need to
build them.  I'll take that out of the mainline build in the Makefiles.

> Finally in all the makefiles BeOS doesn't need
> the maths libraries, so for BeOS to link
> the '-lm' has to go.
>
> The host system it finds is i586-pc-beos
>
> I hope this can be of some use

Yes indeed.  I'll try to get this to work without having A Be box handy.

Monty