[vorbis-dev] BeOS diffs

David Burnett vargol at bigfoot.com
Sun Apr 23 05:11:43 PDT 2000

>platforms with autoconf).  Are there any Be users here with autoconf handy?
>Or
>does Be not do autoconf? :-)

Its not part of the software that comes with Be, but there is a port. I'll
have to check in the Be newsgroups to see if its upto date or if the
diffs were ever rolled in the main distribution. The version I have is
2.13

>> To define int64_t in codec.h
>>
>I don't do platform specific #ifdefs unless absolutely necessary.  Did
>configure not find type sizes for these?  The configure script/headers
should
>find types and define them if they're not in the default headers.

This is form the output from ./configure, it finds a long long,
Be also has a int64 and uint64 type

checking size of short... (cached) 2
checking size of int... (cached) 4
checking size of long... (cached) 4
checking size of long long... (cached) 8
checking for int16_t... (cached) no
checking for int32_t... (cached) no
checking for int64_t... (cached) no
checking for u_int16_t... (cached) no
checking for u_int32_t... (cached) no
checking for u_int64_t... (cached) no

I mangaged to trap a copy of confdefs.h before
it disappears and it had this in there

#define STDC_HEADERS 1
#define SIZEOF_SHORT 2
#define SIZEOF_INT 4
#define SIZEOF_LONG 4
#define SIZEOF_LONG_LONG 8
#define int16_t $SIZE16
#define int32_t $SIZE32
#define int64_t $SIZE64
#define u_int16_t unsigned $SIZE16
#define u_int32_t unsigned $SIZE32
#define u_int64_t unsigned $SIZE64

where should the #defines appear finally
ready for the make ?

>Yes indeed.  I'll try to get this to work without having A Be box handy.

I'm more than happy to do any testing.

If you want to take this off the list, feel free to email me
directly at vargol at bigfoot.com , well as directly as
bigfoot gets.

Dave