[vorbis-dev] BeOS diffs

David Burnett vargol at bigfoot.com
Fri Apr 21 21:12:03 PDT 2000

HI,
        how do I get mods applied to Vorbis, I'm not a
cvs guru and I don't know much about configure scripts.

BeOS has this little quirk of being 99% POSIX compliant  so these
mods are required for vorbis to compile.

To define int64_t in codec.h

#ifdef __BEOS__
#include <inttypes.h>
#endif

run.c in vq needs 'changing' around line 141 becuase
S_IFSOCK isn't defined anywhere in BeOS's headers
(BeOS doesn't do the sockets as file pointers thing
although its coming soon)

#ifdef __BEOS__
    if((S_IFIFO|S_IFREG)&st.st_mode){
#else
    if((S_IFIFO|S_IFREG|S_IFSOCK)&st.st_mode){
#endif

Finally in all the makefiles BeOS doesn't need
the maths libraries, so for BeOS to link
the '-lm' has to go.

The host system it finds is i586-pc-beos

I hope this can be of some use

Dave