[Video at Xiph] Question about how your video got created ...

w-wrh.webmaster W-Wrh.Webmaster at noaa.gov
Tue Dec 14 13:38:16 PST 2010

Sorry to reply so late, Greg, Monty & the group.

I got both your Java and iplayer's SWF
file downloaded, and got both of them
to work; yeah, and now onto the real stuff!

My question (Q1) is that it seemed your ogg file,
has embedded text (in several languages),
as part of the video file itself. Is there
an Open Source program that combines them,
and that you have used?

The critical part (Q2) for us (now), however,
is that we do NOT know how to get an easy
application for our staff, to use for the
"speech to text" conversions.

I have found SpinVox, which is limited to
about 60 seconds, per try, and x-number of
tries, in total.  I aslo found....

The following Google-API page, by Jeremy Selier
(speak English, get French text back); works in Chrome:
http://www.jeremyselier.com/s/demo/speech_attribute.html

Awaiting eagerly for your input.