[Tremor] [Patch] Fix crash on large comments on low memory targets

Andy Grundman andy at slimdevices.com
Thu Jul 2 18:47:18 PDT 2009

On Jul 2, 2009, at 9:34 PM, Mike Giacomelli wrote:

> Hi.
>
> This is my first attempt at syncing Rockbox improvements back
> upstream to Tremor (I will gladly relicense them to be under
> Tremor's license).  This bug occurs on many if not most embedded
> Vorbis players when large vorbis comments are used (such as album
> art) due to limited memory.

Hi, how does this patch handle the fact that the large comment is
still fully buffered by the Ogg page code?  When I fixed this issue
[1] I had to use a much more complex method to avoid using all the
extra memory in the Ogg page reading code.  I don't see any of that in
your patch, so I assume all the large pages containing comments will
still be read into memory?

[1] http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/tremor/2009-January/001554.html