[Tremor] [Patch] Fix crash on large comments on low memory targets

Mike Giacomelli giac2000 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 2 18:34:54 PDT 2009

Hi.
This is my first attempt at syncing Rockbox improvements back upstream to Tremor (I will gladly relicense them to be under Tremor's license).  This bug occurs on many if not most embedded Vorbis players when large vorbis comments are used (such as album art) due to limited memory.
(rockbox)  http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/9866

I've also observed it on my Sandisk Fuze playing the file mentioned in the above bug report using their (closed source but Tremor derived) decoder.
This patch changes Tremor to silently ignore such broken tags rather then crashing.  I hope it is an acceptable fix.

Thanks,Michael Giacomelli

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.