[Tremor] Piece-meal Vorbis decode

Robert Hui legatek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 18:34:06 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm working with Tremor on a microcontroller board.  I am trying to decode
an Ogg file from a CF card, but there's not enough internal memory to take
the entire file in.  So the file is pulled into a temporary packed_buffer,
and then decoded into a predac_buffer to be sent out to an audio codec.

In this respect, the Ogg file seems like a stream.  How do I decode the
file if ov_open(..) expects a file pointer (I can't point to a partial file
with a file pointer, can I?)?  Is there a way to decode Ogg streams where
the compressed data comes in streaming in a limited fashion?

- Robert Hui