[Tremor] running memory size is not predictable?

Kyungjoon Lee kjoonlee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 10:23:56 PDT 2005

On 10/19/05, win dam <windam_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Now, I'm curious...
> I'd like to use an 'old' file just to check out the
> memory usage.  Which version of vorbis/tremor will
> create such a file?
>
> Thanks,

Hullo,

Oggenc 1.0 beta 4 and earlier will do the job. You can get them from
Xiph SVN. If you use *nix you'll be able to build oggenc or vorbisize
(now there's an old name) without much trouble. I seem to remember
something about Vorbis comments or stderr redirection getting in the
way, though. YMMV.

If you just need a test file, I'll be happy to mail you one, off-list.

Cheers,
Kyungjoon Lee