[Tremor] Piece-meal Vorbis decode

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Oct 19 02:13:10 PDT 2005

> In this respect, the Ogg file seems like a stream.  How do I decode the
> file if ov_open(..) expects a file pointer (I can't point to a partial file
> with a file pointer, can I?)?  Is there a way to decode Ogg streams where
> the compressed data comes in streaming in a limited fashion?

You presumably want ov_open_callbacks(), which will allow you to feed
data into the decoder however you want. If you don't want to support
seeking, you can just return errors from seek/tell, and just return
data with each read() call. How you do that is up to you.

You should also be able to do seeking, but that's obviously a little
more work - you might skip it to begin with.

Mike