[Tremor] (no subject)

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Mar 14 12:05:55 PST 2005

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 12:17:46PM +0100, Lieven Coded Illusions wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to use the ogg vorbis format in our game, but the sound department didn't like this, because they said that that means that they have to make all their music public domain too.
> So I am wondering, is this true?

Mike already answered your question in detail, but I wanted to add
that you might want to have your sound department contact us; they
sound quite confused and I'm interested in knowing what originally
caused this confusion.

In fact, the majority of big-budget PC games today use Ogg for audio,
and we're beginning to see it for video as well.  Even Microsoft ships
games using Ogg as the audio engine.

Monty