[Tremor] libovd and low bitrates - please,please answer me... :)

Terry Hoax terry_hoax at freenet.de
Sun Aug 29 01:34:46 PDT 2004

I am a user of the ppc application of Gsplayer
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA032810/ and Mortplayer 3beta
http://www.ppc-welt.info/community/showthread.php?p=397859#post397859
(german) which uses your ogg-decoder.
The ogg decoder has definitely a bug in decoding low bitrates (q=-1).

I tested the music-players with mp3 (normal bitrate 192 kbit/s) and then
with ogg q=-1.

The result was, that there was no problem with the mp3-tracks.
The ogg-tracks stops/jumps next track regularly after 15 - 30 minutes.

I have an Asus Mypal a600 with a fast xscale 400mhz processor. The
processor was used about 25 to 35 %.
The decoding is no problem for the processor.
Another ppc-music player Pocket player (the reference) has no problems
in playing low bitrates of Ogg-files.

Please, please help to fix that problem!!!

Thanks in advance.

Terry (not a Hoax!) from Germany

---
avast! Antivirus: Ausgehende Nachricht sauber.
Virus-Datenbank (VPS): 0435-0, 24.08.2004
Getestet um: 29.08.2004 10:34:48