[Tremor] Q on Tremor Codebook Unpack

Fred Tam fredtam2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 18:56:15 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I have some questions regarding the Tremor codes, and would welcome some
help.  Hope you don't mind. :)

In the codebook unpack code, there are two variables "s->dec_nodeb" and
"s->dec_leafw".  I understand that these have something to do with the
unpacking of the codebook given the codebook lengths and number of
entries.  Apparently there are many ways to unpack the codebook, and since
I could not find any description of the algorithm Tremor employs, I am
kinda lost here.

Any help / pointer would be very helpful.  Thanks!

- Fred