[tremor] float pack/unpack

Eric Fortier efortier at techlogic.ca
Fri Nov 15 23:09:04 PST 2002

Hi all.

I saw that sharedbook.c had a function to unpack 32 bits float previously packed into a mantissa and "point".

I've been trying to come up with a "pack" function that I would use to convert the result of the VFLOAT_MULTI or VFLOAT_ADD back into a packed 32 bits float, but I'm clueless on how to do that.

Does anyone have a piece of code that would show me how to do that, as I'm completely befuddled.

Thanks,

--Eric