[theora] NHW Project - some update

Raphael Canut nhwcodec at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 21:56:41 UTC 2018

 Hello Dave!

Thank you very much for your answer!

You're right.I have thought that the new next-generation codecs like JVET
(MPEG) VVC, AOM AV1, XVC will be too computational-intensive for mobile
phones.So the de facto codecs for mobiles devices are H.264 and HEVC, I
thought that my codec that is royalty-free and a lot faster could move the
lines, but you're right Apple is "attached" to MPEG and Google and the
others are "attached" to AOM.

> Look to Asia

I am always very attracted by new opportunities for my NHW Project! But
don't you think there will be a problem of compatibility? For example a
company wants to use the NHW Project in its new mobile phone, but what will
happen if the NHW Project is not supported by web browsers?

Anyway, I am very interested to look to Asia, would you have some advice?

Cheers,
Raphael