[theora] NHW Image codec - YCbCr color space

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Tue Nov 27 10:57:05 PST 2012

On 12-11-27 9:26 AM, Raphael Canut wrote:

> Any comment on this new version from the Xiph Community would be very
> appreciated, as I am developing alone (it really took some time to
> switch to YCbCr...).Also (as it was said), I am not totally sure that it
> is a polite way to keep posting my project updates on the Theora
> channel, and maybe the opinion of a Xiph core member on the
> subject would be very welcome?

I haven't had much to say about the project, but I certainly don't mind
your updates. Open source and royalty-free video codec development are
definitely on-topic for this list.

The only particular suggestion I have is that you learn git and put up a
repository. In addition to posting binaries, a public version control
tree makes it easier for other developers to keep track of your work and
try out the code.

Cheers,
 -r