[theora] OpenHDCapture

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Thu Mar 25 07:53:28 PDT 2010

I just saw this project referenced on the video4linux mailing list, and
I thought others on this list might be interested (assuming they don't
already know about it):

http://www.opencircuits.com/OpenHDCapture

To summarize, the goal is to develop an open hardware device that can
capture video at 720p30 (1280x720, 30fps).  At the moment I am not sure
if Theora has a direct relationship with the project, such as proving
useful directly, but there is definitely a spiritual link in that the
goal is to provide an open platform that can be implemented "freely",
just as Theora exists to allow a completely free video capture,
recording, and platform chain.

I'd be interested to hear what others think about this project and
possible ways to be mutually helpful.