[theora] Video Comparison

dos386 dos386 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 01:40:56 PST 2010

> I created the following page: http://dev.streamnik.de/80.html

Very good, thanks :-)

> Are the videos working for you?

YES, with Firefox 3.6 only.

> You are right, the video shown below is the material, I used for the
> transcoding process, so the quality can not be better than the original :-/.

This is the "wrong" way to test making sure that the "looser" will be
... guess who ...

> I may ask for better quality material next week ...

Please do.

The Theora and x264 videos should be both encoded from the same
high quality source of course, if only already "lossy" source is available, the
trick is to ZOOM the decoded "source" down (by factor 2.2 maybe) before
reencoding with both competitors.

--