[theora] video tag options

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 18 17:44:27 PST 2010

> Neither of the two examples on theora.org/cortado/ actually work for
> me. But it's a alpha release so I'm not sure I should rely on it.

So it seems to point at Java support, rather than the little
Javascript I use to switch languages, since the other demo doesn't
have such JS (and uses an older Cortado jar too).

> I have a memory like a sieve - we did recently talk about vlc and that
> I get the following bug:
> "No suitable decoder module:
> VLC does not support the audio or video format "kate". Unfortunately
> there is no way for you to fix this."
> which has to do with the way in which VLC is being packaged. They
> disable Kate support by default. I actually get it both on Ubuntu and
> Mac.
>
> I don't know how to get everyone to not do --disable-kate :(

When videos start using it for subtitles or overlays, which happens
when players are widely available, which happen when... damn :)
I guess distro packagers will always take the easy route first when
faced with a new dependency though, that's understandable.