[theora] video tag options

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 17:25:02 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 1:57 PM, ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
<ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> It plays in Firefox 3.5.6 but not in Firefox 3.7a1pre.
>
> Do other Cortado uses work in that same 3.7a1pre version for you, or
> just this one ?

Neither of the two examples on theora.org/cortado/ actually work for
me. But it's a alpha release so I'm not sure I should rely on it.

>> Nice work, btw!
>>
>> How's Kate support doing for vlc and mplayer, btw? Is it integrated as
>> subtitles? And committed to trunk there?
>
> It's been in VLC releases for a while now, and mplayer rejected it long ago.
> If anything's not working in VLC, I'll fix it, as everything ought to
> work AFAIK.

I have a memory like a sieve - we did recently talk about vlc and that
I get the following bug:
"No suitable decoder module:
VLC does not support the audio or video format "kate". Unfortunately
there is no way for you to fix this."
which has to do with the way in which VLC is being packaged. They
disable Kate support by default. I actually get it both on Ubuntu and
Mac.

I don't know how to get everyone to not do --disable-kate :(

Cheers,
Silvia.