[theora] FFMPEG2THEORA 0.26 / BIG Theora testing / BUG in players or Lib

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 22 03:16:25 PST 2010

> http://freefile.kristopherw.us/uploads/temp/push5tru.ogv
>
> the problem: it doesn't play well. MPLAYER reacts very badly, reports
> "invalid frames" and HANGS (known issue ???). But in VLC there is also
> a problem, less severe:

Looks very much like it could have dup frames at the start. oggplayer
plays it fine (liboggplay based, as FF is). Lots of players barf on dup frames.

> * Very bad sound from Vorbis codec (not from other codecs)

When encoding ? Or playing a Vorbis stream which sounds good in another player ?

> 3. FFMPEG2THEORA issues:
>
> * silently overwrites existing output file (not bug, but bad behavior)

Was this file read only ?

[Firefox]
> * controls depend from JS

I think it's temporary. I recall hearing about this anyway. I really hope it is.

> Anyone has "access" to MPLAYER developers or Bugzilla ?

mplayerhq.hu