[theora] Fwd: [whatwg] Suddenly, ~40% of IE users get HTML5 Theora with no effort

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 18:34:37 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Remco <remco47 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, that kills any motivation I had to port Cortado to Flash.
> Luckily I haven't wasted a lot of time. Of course, Flash has a higher

Yeech!

Flash would still be very very good.  Right now people will say, "I'd
like to use theora but because of flash, h264 just has the market
share", they'll still say that with the silverlight port.

Silverlight may be just as good from a future real penetration effect,
 but Flash would be important for knocking out a headline argument for
not using Theora.