[theora] Theora player for Nokia Series 60

Gisle Sælensminde gisle at snirklasjon.no
Sat Apr 17 08:58:30 PDT 2010

Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> I can only assume that 'dropped' here means yuv2rgb and output
> skipped... theora itself desyncs if you skip decoding frames.

Off the original topic, but the above raises one question. I use Theora
for a video conference application, that transfer the theora packages
via RTP over UDP. This will by its very nature cause packet loss, so all
frames _will not_ come through, by the nature of such systems.

The question then is what I should do when I lose a frame. There is no
way I can guaranty that all packets (and thus frames) come through in a
real-time ip-based system.

PS: I do occationally see that the image freeze or get artifacts. Is
that what will happen if you lose a frame?

-Gisle