[theora] Taking advantage of SIMD

Manolache Adrian prog_ady at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 4 15:59:58 PDT 2009

After creating a simple decoder for theora using liboggz i started profiling. As someone else stated in the lists the conversion from yuv 2 rgb takes a significant time. I decided to go on the way of SIMD not shaders because SIMD is supported on a wider range of computers. I managed to strip out the yuv 2 rgba conversion code from liboggplay but it seems i am missing something. It runs but the image is distorted, like this: 


The code looks like this(only a few lines):



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/theora/attachments/20090904/d5121aee/attachment.htm 

More information about the theora mailing list