[theora] Ogg Video Tools 0.8

yorn at gmx.net yorn at gmx.net
Fri Sep 4 09:29:44 PDT 2009

> On 9/4/2009 7:56 AM, yorn at gmx.net wrote:
> >   - Changing bitrates of Theora and Vorbis streams
> Just curious - how does this work?  Just transcodes to a lower quality?

Yes, that's it, the video is decoded and encoded with the new bitrate. Sorry nothing more advanced :-(. But if there is a way (as the shrinking stuff that is used with mpeg2) I would be glad to know.

I had a discussion with David Kühling about changing quality against changing bitrate, and he convinced me that changing quality should be available as well. However, I will integrate it into the next version.

The -q does not change the quality of the video encoding. It changes the kernel size of the video resize filter (and the resizing computational speed and resized picture quality).

- Yorn