[theora] Theora patent question

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 16:28:36 PDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Shayne Wissler <wissler at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I wrote a long reply to your message last night but left it on hold
>> for copyediting by the light of day. Considering the subsequent
>> replies it seems that you've already chosen your position and aren't
>> actually interested in a discussion, so I guess I will not bother.
>
> Your failed attempt at mind-reading is as rude as it is wrong. Why
> make incompetent guesses at something you can so easily discover by
> asking a simple question? (That's a rhetorical question, I don't
> expect a reasonable answer for why you would engage in such pointless
> and rude behavior).

It wasn't my intention to offend you.  I must have misunderstood the
repetition of your hypothesis after it was refuted by others, and the
apparent hostility towards Jason ("Have you ever actually read any
software patents") as the signs of someone speaking from a closed
mind.

I'm pleased to discover that I was in error and they you found some of
my points at least a little thought provoking.  I wish this were a
topic that lent itself to simple sound-bite summations, as simpler
communication makes it easier to avoid miscommunication.

Cheers