[theora] Theora patent question

Shayne Wissler wissler at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 15:24:02 PDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wrote a long reply to your message last night but left it on hold
> for copyediting by the light of day. Considering the subsequent
> replies it seems that you've already chosen your position and aren't
> actually interested in a discussion, so I guess I will not bother.

Your failed attempt at mind-reading is as rude as it is wrong. Why
make incompetent guesses at something you can so easily discover by
asking a simple question? (That's a rhetorical question, I don't
expect a reasonable answer for why you would engage in such pointless
and rude behavior).

> But since you keep asserting this point, I might as well send the part
> that refutes it:

So you presume. Personally, I have no particular axe to grind on
theories for why Theora is relatively safe. I was just trying to make
my best guess. I think you have brought up some good points, but your
bizarre reaction to my speculation implies to me that you've got
something akin to a religious bias going on.

Shayne