[theora] can't export from iMovie 08 to ogg theora/vorbis?

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at mozilla.com
Thu May 21 07:58:57 PDT 2009

Hey, I got this report on irc and I thought I would pass it along.  I
verified on my machine as well.

If you have the XiphQT components installed (I have 0.1.8) and you try
to export from iMovie '08 you get a vague dialog that says:

Unable to export movie
The movie could not be exported because an error occurred. (Error code
= -32766)

I tried messing with some of the settings, but no changes.

One thing we're trying to do is document how to export into free
formats for the Mozilla launch and lots of people have iMovie because
it comes with 10.5 for free.  Would be good if we could figure this
out and push out a new release if that's at all possible.

Some possible related issues via google:

http://lists.apple.com/archives/quicktime-api/2007/nov/msg00164.html
http://lists.apple.com/archives/quicktime-api/2007/nov/msg00168.html

But would be good to get someone familiar with the code to look at it.

--Chris