[theora] can't export from iMovie 08 to ogg theora/vorbis?

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Thu May 21 12:51:02 PDT 2009

I don't actually know, but agree it's high time to find out.  I know
folks here within RedHat use FinalCutPro with the quicktime components
to export .ogv, so that means it's possible in theory.  I don't
however know why iMovie will not do so (but if it's anything like
iTunes, it's probably pretty hardwired inside to Apple-only formats.
Getting around restrictions can take some ingenuity).

Hmph, we need more Mac people.  I'm surprised we don't have more Mac
hackers than Windows hackers.

Monty