[theora] Broken Theora integration in FFMPEG

Jason Self jason.self at gmail.com
Tue May 19 14:19:02 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 12:54 PM, <xiphmont at xiph.org> wrote:

> ffmpeg's Ogg mux support is broken anyway.
>
> In the meantime, you could try ffmpeg2theora, which uses ffmpeg as a
> swiss-army-knife front end and then bolts that output onto our own
> encoders.

Interesting; I was not aware of this of this. ffmpeg2theora appears to
have problems decoding the 5.1 audio that I get with my local HD
programming (mentioned on this list in March.) ffmpeg proper is fine
so I'm not sure what ffmpeg2theora is doing differently. I'd given up
on ffmpeg2theora as a result, but there appear to be issues either way
you go? (Choose between broken Ogg mux support or broken 5.1 audio
decoding?)