[theora] Add an intro to a theora file without re-encoding?

yorn at gmx.net yorn at gmx.net
Mon Jul 20 22:35:25 PDT 2009

Michael,

Sorry, I was wrong: I do not use theora.pc; I used theoraenc.pc and theoradec.pc and it looks as if they are not available on your system.

---- theora homepage: ----
New code should link to libtheoradec and, if using encoder features, libtheoraenc. Together these two export both the standard and the legacy API, so this is all that is needed by any code. The older libtheora library is provided just for compatibility with older build configurations.

So I believe the theora.pc is depricated!? I am wondering why the other two are not installed on your system. Maybe they get lost by the packaging process for theora-dev?

When you install the sources from scratch, I believe everything is fine.

-Yorn