[theora] Add an intro to a theora file without re-encoding?

Michael Opdenacker michael at free-electrons.com
Mon Jul 20 12:31:18 PDT 2009

On 07/20/2009 06:09 PM, yorn at gmx.net wrote:

> I actually have two main categories in the build process:
> The simple tools (oggJoin, oggSplit, oggCut, oggCat) they do not need any additional libraries like theora or vorbis.
> And additional tools, that have dependencies to both libraries. (named WANT_OGGSLIDESHOW, as this was the first one)
>
> I should have added a third, that only depends on vorbis, but I was lazy and put oggSilence into the second category.

I understand...
> I use pkg-config to identify if theora is available (so most things are done automatically). Is your path to the package configuration not set correctly?
>
> You may try to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH by hand to the place where theora.pc is placed (something like /usr/lib/pkgconfig/).

Everything looks all right:
echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib:/usr/lib/pkgconfig

Here are the contents of /usr/lib/pkgconfig/theora.pc:

# theora installed pkg-config file

prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: theora
Version: 1.0final
Requires: ogg >= 1.1
Conflicts:
Libs: -L${libdir} -ltheora
Cflags: -I${includedir}

There could be something missing in Ubuntu 9.04 too...
> PS: I'm just setting up a virtual machine with ubuntu to test the new release 0.8, so I'll gonna test this as well.

That's very nice of you, thank you very much!!!

As soon as this is fixed, I'll be able to release the script I'm working
on... Basically, this scripts takes an Ogg/Theora video and a png image
as input, and generates a new video with an intro based on this image.

Cheers,

Michael.

--
Michael Opdenacker, Free Electrons