[theora] Simple Question : mozilla PFS service .

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 15:51:53 PDT 2008

On 3/11/08, Michael Smith <msmith at xiph.org> wrote:
> video/ogg and audio/ogg are not as far as I know. I haven't even seen
> a draft registration for these, and we so we can't use them.

You are pulling my leg, right?  Surely you are.  Because said draft
which you "haven't even seen" has been peer reviewed through the
mailing lists, has been available in our SVN since October last year,
has been submitted to the IETF on December, has been further revised
and resubmitted following comments on the IETF's own media types
mailing list, and is now under the final review stage to replace the
existing RFC3534.

That without mentioning that many applications are already using them.
 Of mention that the HTML 5 spec also uses these media types on their
examples and that Xiph's Ogg documentation page mentions them.  People
are indeed supposed to use them, and nobody is forbiding that.

Sometimes I do say some wrong things, but this is not one of them.  If
you are out touch with what's going on lately, at least try to check
facts before going ahead and downright contradict what I say.

And Michel, I do not know what PFS is, which is why I said I was not
the appropriate person to reply to your message.  However, the link
you pointed to is a wiki.  If you think something's wrong, login to it
and do the modifications to make things right.  Alternatively, contact
Mozilla through their bug tracker.

-Ivo