[theora] Simple Question : mozilla PFS service .

michel memeteau michel.memeteau at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 16:21:13 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:51 PM, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves
<justivo at gmail.com> wrote:

>  And Michel, I do not know what PFS is, which is why I said I was not
>  the appropriate person to reply to your message.  However, the link
>  you pointed to is a wiki.  If you think something's wrong, login to it
>  and do the modifications to make things right.  Alternatively, contact
>  Mozilla through their bug tracker.

:-) , Well, I think you missed the point of my question :

http://wiki.mozilla.org/PFS  is plugin finder service.

basically when Firefox see a MimeType with no plugin to handle and the
use click on the rectangle ......

It sends a request to the PFS URL, default is the mozilla server.

So I guess mozilla redirects to XPI packages for flash for example.

What I'm wondering is why Mozilla do not currently redirect a
video/ogg plugin request to some opensource XPI package we would
submit such as VLC, annodex etc....

Did anybody at XIph submitted such packages once ?

Michel memeteau
Blog 0.2 : http://memeteau.free.fr
Fixe : 0874763294 Mobile : 0624808051
VOIP | Visio: sip:freechelmi at gizmoproject.com