[theora] Oggz 0.9.8 Released

aphid aphid at ucsc.edu
Fri Jul 11 15:06:26 PDT 2008

Conrad - thanks for the great work on this.

Here are some observations with release oggzchop, using
http://128.114.20.64/media/senate_proceeding_07-09-08.ogg?t=0:15:22/0:20:00
 as test stream.

VLC:  when playing the stream over the net, VLC's playhead does not move
and the time index stays at 0:00:00.

However, when the above is saved locally (I  used curl -O), it behaves
~normally.  The start time even begins at 15:22, even though it's the
front of the file (which is pretty cool :D) and the playhead moves as
normal.

Quicktime via xiphQT (on intel mac): Audio and video are not in sync -
both when streaming the file and playing it locally.  If I play the file
from the beginning (as opposed to 15m22s in) things are in sync so I'm
assuming something is happening at a keyframe...

Peace,
Aphid