[Vorbis-dev] base64 ALBUMART vorbiscomment (was Re: [ogg-dev] Ogg/Spots and Ogg/MNG)

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Sat Apr 12 14:22:35 PDT 2008

On 13/04/2008, Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves wrote:
>  > Using vorbiscomment one would
>  > simply tell it to kill the ALBUMART tag.  On the other hand, you'll
>  > need to use something like ogg-chop to get rid of a multiplexed image,
>  > as far as my understanding of handling multiplexed streams goes.

just to clarify this, you'd use something like oggzrip to rip the
vorbis track out of any ogg file at all:

  oggzrip -c vorbis input.ogx > output.ogg

That'll get you an Ogg Vorbis I file, removing any other tracks
(Skeleton, Theora, image, whatever).

(If the input file has more than one Vorbis track, you'd specify it by
serialno with -s rather than using -c).

> You can't with vorbiscomment (you have to dump the comments, strip it
>  and write them back, and vorbiscomment will not support safe
>  round-tripping if I recall correctly, due to the new-line thing).

Ian, could you clarify this?

>  You can do it with the comment library.

which comment library are you thinking of?

>  So for a developer I think it's
>  harder to add/subtract images that are already Ogg encapsulated as you
>  just use liboggz or your own muxing (the already encapsulated is the
>  tricky bit).

I don't understand this sentence :-) are you saying that one of the
possible approaches is lacking in library/tool support?

Conrad.