[theora] Misc: handycam raw to ogg / DVD to ogg

Pau Amaro-Seoane all.i.pebre at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 10:23:42 PST 2008

| Please help in this process by submitting bug reports to all
| applications that deal with Theora + Vorbis, but which have no support
| for Skeleton yet.

ok...

I have just coped with the DVD to ogg problem and, as far as I can tell,
thoggen was awfully slow... it required 9 hours to rip a 1h35min
movie... the mencoder + ffmpeg2theora solution was much faster but,
after reading your comments about the mplayer/mencode developers'
attitude, I don't feel like using mplayer a lot in the future BUT...

1- thoggen is more than slow (yes, I have read the faq's and I have done
all they suggest to speed up the encoding, still it's slow)

2- ogmrip is breaking all the time and it's making use of mencoder all
the time... and it's slow (though a bit faster than thoggen, if it had
succeeded) I didn't see any log file after the crash

This is my "help" by now... sorry...