[theora] Misc: handycam raw to ogg / DVD to ogg

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 07:24:57 PST 2008

On 2/12/08, Hannes Hauswedell <theora.list at soulrebel.in-berlin.de> wrote:
> You could also use Ogmrip to create a vorbis+theora+mkv file. That way
> you get the benefits of vorbis/theora (being patent free), aswell as
> the benefits of the matroska container (multiple audio tracks, subtitle
> tracks...).

I personally have little against Matroska, but the benefits you
mention are now also possible in Ogg through the extension called
Skeleton, which we are asking all implementers out there to support
it.

Please help in this process by submitting bug reports to all
applications that deal with Theora + Vorbis, but which have no support
for Skeleton yet.

-Ivo