[theora] Can I recommend theora to my readers yet? Please?

Philip Heron theora.list at firestorm.cx
Fri Jun 23 09:59:48 PDT 2006

Hi Thomas!

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 09:49 -0500, Thomas Boutell wrote:
> * Embedded in Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari...
> * On Windows, Linux or MacOS X (as appropriate, with both
>    IE and Firefox being critical on Windows).

I had great success using the Flumotion's Java applet Cortado this year
to stream live video and audio from a nestbox camera. Worked like a charm!

http://www.flumotion.net/cortado/

I wasn't able to test it on OS X, but it worked almost everywhere else.
(The exception being x86_64 linux -- Sun seem unable or unwilling to
make a Java plugin there)

-Phil <phil at firestorm.cx>