[theora] Can I recommend theora to my readers yet? Please?

Thomas Boutell boutell at boutell.com
Fri Jun 23 10:30:17 PDT 2006

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Philip Heron wrote:

> I had great success using the Flumotion's Java applet Cortado this year
> to stream live video and audio from a nestbox camera. Worked like a charm!
>
> http://www.flumotion.net/cortado/

Thanks, you're the second to suggest it.

This works great on tricked-out windows boxes that already have the
Sun JRE. But on a stock Windows XP SP2 box in IE, I just get a
broken-applet icon. Is there no cleaner way to detect the situation
other than "dear end user, if you get a nasty red-hatch icon,
go download something"?

--
Thomas Boutell
Boutell.Com, Inc.