[Theora] Guadec 2005 and DirectShow Filters

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Tue Jan 10 17:22:29 PST 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 02:14:46PM +1300, Aaron Whitehouse wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have been trying to play the Guadec Theora files (
> http://stream.fluendo.com/archive/6uadec/ )
> on Windows with no success. At first I thought it was just the machine
> which I was trying it on, but I now have seen another machine play other
> Theora files (Systm, Ubuntu Below Zero) without problems, but treat
> Guadec as just being audio files.

IIRC there were some minor issues with the Guadec 2005 files, which
might cause the problem you're seeing. Thomas was going to fix them, but
apparently didn't.

I'll let illi comment on the filters themselves, but that's probably the
issue. (i.e. the files are malformed but most players still cope.)

If it's really important they should be easy enough to remux. A
round-trip through liboggz should do the trick.

FWIW,
 -r