[Theora] Second game ever to use Theora!

Neil Morris neil at adm1.ph.man.ac.uk
Mon Oct 4 02:26:34 PDT 2004

Alen,
Have you checked out Helix Producer using the Xiph plugins?. Under
Windows, Producer uses DirectShow input and so also allows input
to be pre-processed by frameserving/processing programs like AviSynth.
I'm currently processing D1 Mpeg2 input material for streaming tests
into 352x288 resolution 2 to 3 hour loops via AviSynth and Helix. I'm
Looking forward to future developments with the plugins to allow more
control over the Vorbis audio to reduce bandwidth further.

If you've got a link that can sustain 300kbps you can see a sample
currently at:

http://130.88.237.103:7144/stream/793CC28B0719E9C2F846C7B8CB5C4B49.ogg

Overall bitrate is aprox 275kbps.

RealPlayer with it's Xiph plugins seems to give best playback quality
but latest VLC builds also give good results too, though audio/video
sync sometimes struggles when the net link is marginal.

Best Regards
Neil.