[Theora] OGG/OGM media container

Ralph Giles giles
Tue Jul 6 05:54:48 PDT 2004

<00ff01c46343$827aa190$0100000a at tiger>
<Pine.LNX.4.60.0407060338450.18715 at albani.cs.ubc.ca>
<20040706120202.GC1234 at ghostscript.com>
<1235311184.20040706144046 at guest.arnes.si>

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 02:40:46PM +0200, Jernej Simon?i? wrote:

> Make that "was in use by anime DVD rip groups" (I only know of 1 fansub that
> used Ogm). However, most groups that used Ogm switched to Matroska (and I've
> seen a few fansubs that used it, though most fansub groups still stick to
> AVI), as it's current implementations offer more features with less problems
> for the user.

Good to know. My impression was that ogm was only popular because it's
what the best free subtitling app happened to produce. Is that what
happened with the switch?

-r