[theora] A comparison of VP3, and two MPEG-4 variants

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Mon Mar 24 03:57:36 PST 2003

On Monday, March 24, 2003, at 10:00 am, Christoph Lampert wrote:

> http://media.xiph.org/vqeg/TestSequences/Reference/
>
> Unfortunately they are all interlaced, but a real challange for video
> encoding routines.

Note that there are also some other clips available at media.xiph.org,
though the dv ones are also interlaced.

There's also the libdv projects's examples, particularly pond.dv which
is progressive.

        http://unc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/libdv/		(us)
        http://belnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/libdv/	(eu)
        http://flow.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/libdv/	(au)

and other mirrors.

I've also got a lot of progressive dv footage. If there's a real need I
can looks for some good test clips. Most of it just suffers from not
being very interesting.

  -r