[theora-dev] Theora 1.0 final release!

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 06:36:52 PST 2008

On 11/4/08, jaromil <jaromil at dyne.org> wrote:
> we should *always* use skeleton in streams, right?

Yes, you should, but if it's causing you problems disable it
(--no-skeleton in ffmpeg2theora).  Skeleton makes it easier to add
extra streams like subtitles and such in Ogg.

> second  question: what is  the "official"  extension of  theora files?

.ogv

> i'm  part  of  the FreeJ  team

I remember you guys.  Thanks for helping promoting Theora.

FreeJ should by default add the Skeleton stream.  Feel free to add a
disable switch like ffmpeg2theora, but please keep Skeleton in by
default.

I haven't yet met any video player with a problem while dealing with
Theora+Skeleton.  If you do find one, please report a bug in its
respective tracker.

-Ivo